New Year’s Eve Craft Ideas for Kids
New Year’s Eve seems like a celebration that only adults can enjoy, but there are fun ways to get the kids involved too. Leading up to the new year, spend the day with the family making fun New Year’s Crafts for kids. They can make special hats, noise makers, food and more to celebrate the New Year.
New Years Eve Crafts Ideas for Kids
New Year's Eve Party Hats
What You Need:
- 1 sheet of yellow craft foam for each child (it’s better than paper because it is softer and more moldable for a hat.)
- Wide ribbon (or leftover garland from the Christmas tree)
- Hot glue gun (or a glue stick for the younger kids)
- Scissors that are age appropriate (or do it for them)
- A variety of fun craft supplies like faux jewels, feathers, stickers, markers, etc. Maybe even left over tinsel from the Christmas tree. (This Craft Giant Art Jar from Alex Toys on (affiliate) Amazon is my favorite.)
How to Make It:
Roll the foam into a cone shape. For the younger kids, they can draw on it beforehand. Manipulate to fit child’s head. Glue and trim where needed. Glue ribbon/garland around the bottom section of the hat. Glue craft supplies all over the foam hat, decorating however they’d like!
New Year’s Noise Maker for Kids
Kids should have a festive noise maker to shake when the New Year begins! (This is also a fun, year-round craft idea too!) What You Need:
- Two heavy duty paper plates (Try to avoid the plastic kind) Staples/Stapler
- Dried peas or beans
- Hot Glue Gun (or glue stick)
- Acrylic paint
- Colorful stickers
- Faux Jewels
- Other craft supplies
How to Make It:
Have the kids decorate the plates on the outside (not the side that you would eat on). Once the kids are done decorating, and everything is dry, flip the plate over so the eating side is upright. Pour some of the dried peas or beans onto the plate. Then take the other plate and put it on top of the other plate (the two eating sides should be facing together and the two decorated sides are on the outside.) Then staple the edges together or use a glue gun (or both). You want them to stick together well, so when the kids shake it, it stays together. Voila! Kids can shake their special noise makers!
Festive New Year’s Eve Sunglasses
You can make fun sunglasses because the New Year will be bright! Find some cheap sunglasses. (You can get these pack of 12 Party Sunglasses on my affiliate Amazon.) Then glue colorful feathers to the top of the sunglasses! (Again, you can get 100 Artificial Assorted Feathers here on affiliate Amazon too.) Simple and fun! (Great for Mardi Gras as well!)
For other ideas, like New Year’s Dinner Ideas for Kids - or - New Year’s Eve Countdown Ideas for Kids, follow the links to get more fun ideas!