Buying toys for kids 6 and up can be daunting. However, the Big Toy Book scours and reviews thousands of toys throughout the year to help make your shopping easier (and get the big smiles from the kids!) Here are the Holiday’s Best Toys for Kids 2013 picked by The Big Toy Book for kids 6-8! For younger kids, click here. For the tweens and teens, follow this link! They also have the Top 12 Tech Toys for the holidays too.
• Battroborg is the first battling micro robot brand of its kind, leveraging advanced motion-control technology in combination with hugely popular robot and combat action.
• Battroborg takes players center ring, with two-handed motion-controlled nun chucks (similar to Wii controllers) that let opponents dictate the robot’s every move with their jabs.
• Simply charge your Battroborg (comes complete with a 20 minute quick-charger to keep the fun going) and pair up your tech controller to your Borg(s) to
create real-time action and reaction.
• The powerful signal operates at distances of up to 50 feet. Battroborg automatically records damage level via an LED light on each robot that changes color every time the robot gets punched.
• Five punches signals the end of the battle, or defeat your opponents by KO—a knock over! Perfect for one-on-one competitions or large Battle Royals of up to 10 robots in the 3-in-1 Battle Arena. Whether you’re a brawler, a glass jaw or a southpaw, Battroborg promises pure excitement, ultimate battling action and knock-out fun!
• Ages: 6+
• MSRP: $79.99 (2 Battroborgs plus 3-in-1 Battle Arena)
Blingles Glimmer Glam Styler (Moose Toys)
• Blingles Glimmer Glam Styler lets girls create and design their own glittering stickers that adhere to any smooth surface.
• Complete with four different glitter colors, gems, a glitter roller glimmer pen and brush, each Blingles Glimmer Studio includes materials to create shimmering glitter stickers.
• Simply pick from a fun range of cute stickers, choose your glitter colors and get sparkled.
• Girls can finish off their designs using some Blingles Gems and stickers are transformed from drab to fab!
• Ages: 6+
• MSRP: $19.99
Disney Infinity (Disney Interactive)
￼￼• This is an all-new game that combines Disney’s most popular franchises with one of today’s hottest trends in toys – interactive figures that come to life in video games.
• Players can place real-world toy versions of their favorite Disney characters on the Infinity Base and transport them into the virtual game worlds of Monsters University, the Incredibles and Pirates of the Caribbean where they will embark on adventures based in unique locations from these blockbuster films.
• The best part of Infinity is a giant virtual Toy Box mode where, for the first time ever, kids can combine the characters, locations, gadgets and more from across the Disney universe to create their own personal Disney play experiences. In this mode, the possibilities are truly infinite.
• Ages: 6+
• MSRP: $74.99 (starter pack)
Flutterbye Fairies (Spin Master)
• The magic of fairies is real
• This is the only fairy that a girl can fly, simply by the palm of her hand
• These beautiful fairies are inspired by flowers and star dust, bringing love and
sweet dreams to all little girls who fly her
• Ages 6+
• MSRP: $34.99
Mega Bloks Barbie Build ’n Play Super Star Stage (Mega Bloks)
• This play set includes approximately 290 pieces, including sparkling blocks, that kids use to build the Super Star Stage.
• Accessories include microphones, guitars, a DJ booth, keyboard, and an elevator with a spinning feature.
• Kids can help Super Star Barbie, Raquelle, and Teresa get ready in their dressing room back stage.
• The play set includes three songs, and the two-story Super Star Stage has real lights that flash to the beat of the music.
• Ages 6+
• MSRP $59.99
Skylanders SWAP Force (Activison)
• The latest installment of the Skylanders franchise
• Features an all-new innovative play pattern: swapability.
• Players can reconfigure 16 Swap Force characters into more than 250 unique
combinations. Kids can mix and match characters’ powers and moves and then bring them to life in the game.
￼￼￼￼• Fans of the franchise can also play Skylanders Swap Force with their entire collection of characters from both Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure and Skylanders Giants, now with the added capability of jumping.
• Features 16 new SWAP Force characters, along with 32 new core Skylanders characters (16 completely new Skylanders and 16 new versions of fan-favorite characters from previous games) and eight new LightCore characters.
• Skylanders SWAP Force also delivers high-resolution graphics that bring the game’s detailed characters and rich environments to life, immersing players in the gameplay like never before.
• Age: 6+
• MSRP: $99.99 (Dark Edition Starter Pack)
Metrowest Mamas does its best to make the event information listed as accurate as possible, but event and venue information is subject to change without notice, and Metrowest Mamas is not responsible for erroneous information or the reliance upon it. Always call your destinations ahead of time to confirm dates, times, locations and admission fees.